2013/12/09

The 12 days of Christmas Cookies: Day 5 - Alfajores


So today, we have one of my favorites this year. I've never made these before, but I saw them on Cooking Classy last year around Christmas and I've been wanting to try them ever since. I think the reason I didn't until now was that they're filled with Dulce de Leche, and it's practically impossible to get that stuff around here. And until last week, I was too chicken to make some myself. But hey, turns out this sh*t is easier than I thought! I see a lot more dulce de leche in my future now.

Anyway. Alfajores! These actually get better the longer you have them lying around, so try to restrain yourself and don't eat them all at once, ok?



Alfajores

For the cookies:
150g cornstarch
120g all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
125g butter
60g white sugar
2 tsp lemon zest
3 large egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp lemon juice

For the filling:
about 300g (1 small can) dulce de leche

For the decoration:
Any type of sprinkle you like


1. Mix the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

2. Cream butter and sugar until the mix turns light yellow. Add the lemon zest and egg yolks one at a time and beat for about 20 seconds after each addition.

3. Last, add the vanilla extract and lemon juice and mix until well combined.

4. Wrap the dough in clingwrap and put into the fridge for at least an hour.

5. Preheat your oven to 175°C.

6. Roll out the dough to about half a centimetre in thickness and cut out round shapes.

7. Bake for about 10 minutes.

8. Once the cookies have completely cooled down, spread a little dulce the leche in the middle of one cookie and top with another cookie.

9. Spread a little dulce de leche around the side of the cookies (yes, it's gonna be a bit of a mess) and roll in any type of sprinkle.



Enjoy!
♥ Nicole

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen