2014/05/13

Peter Pan Top


I love Peter Pan collars. I think the last time I wore one before 2013 was when I was...seven-ish? So it's definitely been a long time coming for them to make a re-appearance. Last year I bought about a dozen t-shirts on sale, intending to try my Peter-Pan-collar-skills on them. Until today, all those t-shirts are still normal t-shirts with no collars in sight. Knowing me, that should surprise exactly...no one.

So when I sat down to sew on Easter, I knew I finally had to get started and just try one. So I deigned myself a little pattern and got started. Of course, the collar turned out too small and I had to improvise again (hence the button), and we're not even going to talk about the 8 other construction mishaps I had, but for a first try, I'm quite happy with it. The hem is totally uneven and I think the sleeves aren't exactly the same length, but for me, that's still a passable effort.



I think I'm going to make a few more of these. They're quick and easy to make and work well for the office as well. Maybe next time I'll use a fabric that's a little easier to work with, though (that one was a little more slippery and difficult to work with than I had expected).


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen